Everyone goes nutty for a delicious home made almond butter. You can spread it on fruit, bread sticks or even throw it in your spicy curries.
Here is A Cold Cup of Chloe's blend- An easy, home made version of almond butter but with a coconut twist.
Coconut and Almond Butter
2 cups of unsalted almonds
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of coconut flakes
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1) Place almonds onto a baking tray and roast for approx 5 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius. Almonds can burn easily so keep an eye on the colour of the almonds. To ensure they are roasted, they should be a dark golden brown and not blackened at all.
2) Take roasted almonds and put into a food processor. Be patient! It takes some time for the roasted nuts to form butter. After some time it will appear like a thick crunchy paste and then slowly the nuts will start to release an oil that helps blend the almonds to a butter. This can take up to 20 minutes so patience is the key.
3) Once the nuts have formed a consistency that is more like a paste, add in the coconut oil, coconut flakes and cinnamon.
4) Continue to blend until smooth.
5) Put almond butter into a container and store in fridge. The coconut oil will harden the consistency slightly, so if you prefer a runnier butter leave on bench for a few minutes to soften up.
Hope you enjoy your delicious almond butter and let me know what you think in the comments below!