The Liebster award is a chain of awards passed on by bloggers, in an effort to recognize their fantabulous work. "Liebster" in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, valued and pleasant so I would like to thank the lovely lady from mumbutstillme for nominating me for this sweet, kind, nice and valued award!
Please take a moment to check out her blog- she also enjoys wine, coffee, drag queens and house parties and has an incredible knack for writing blogs which give you a giggle and many of you will be able to relate to.
So here we go, first up are the rules of the Liebster Award 2016:
1) Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
2) Answer the eleven questions the blogger gives you
3) Give eleven random facts about yourself
4) Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of this award
5) Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
6) Give them eleven questions to answer
Here are the eleven questions posed by mum but still me!
1) What is the biggest lesson that motherhood has taught you so far?
Motherhood has taught me what an incredible gift it is to be able to create life. It was only when I became pregnant that I began to learn the fragility of life and the incredible miracle it is to be able to bring a healthy, little human into the world. I am so grateful for every moment I have with my little girl as so many women in our lives have had these precious moments taken from them.
2) What's your guilty pleasure?
Red, red wine. Goes to my heaaaaaaad. Makes me forget that I'm...
Oh and cheese. I love all kinds of cheese, especially with a squirt of tomato sauce. Hello pizza in my mouth. Cheese is life.
3) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A teacher! Funnily enough I ended up winding down the road of a career path that involved working with children. Perhaps not a teacher in the conventional sense, but I've hopefully helped them learn a few life skills to cope in this crazy life. One things for sure, they definitely taught me a thing or two.
4) What makes a great party for you?
Strippers and cocaine.
Ha seriously though, just good friends, good food and hopefully wine.
5) How do you deal with your fears?
I'd like to say elegantly, but truthfully my emotions can be irritatingly erratic, especially when it comes to anxiety. So I'd say I face my fears like Jon Snow in a battle, courageous but sometimes wild and emotional.
6) What does blogging mean to you?
I absolutely love the fact that I am able to communicate freely with beautiful souls from around the world. Hey Canada! Hey USA! Hey Europe! Hey China! Hey AUSTRALIAAAA! It seriously blows my mind that people from all over the world have read my blog. So much love can be found within social media!
7) How would you describe your style?
Sugar and spice and all things nice. Bad girls, bad girls, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when we come for you?
8) What can't you live without?
My family. These people are the chocolate to my bar, the icing to my cake, the lemon to my tequila. Family are the most honest friends you will ever have.
9) What is your most treasured possession?
The love my daughter has for me. Something magical happens when you look into a mirror feeling lonely, fat or depressed and a beautiful face smiles up at you. And it's full of love because she sees you as a pure incredible soul and is ecstatic just to see your face in the reflection. I will cherish that love until the end of time.
10) What do you love most about yourself?
My ability to pull through difficult situations. I've faced many demons in my time but I somehow managed to cope and end up in a somewhat positive situation.
11) How do you want to grow old?
Gracefully, sipping cocktails in the Bahamas on a holiday from my ridiculous castle.
Eleven random facts about myself!
1) I only drink red wine, one glass of white can be enough for me to make friends with the toilet.
2) I once volunteered in an orphanage in Tanzania where I was introduced to some amazing souls all around the globe whom instantly felt like family.
3) I can play violin
4) I love a bit of old spice on the food.
5) I prefer sentimental gifts as opposed to materialistic ones
6) I seriously live for coffee, please ask me on a coffee date
7) Talking on the phone is incredibly draining so I avoid phone calls. I'd rather speak in person.
8) Chivalry is never dead. I appreciate the little things.
9) Look I know this is another line about cheese... but seriously... cheese. Feel free to send me some cheese.
10) My nails grow incredibly fast
11) My cars name is Shady
And here are the bloggers I have nominated. These are authors that I love to read and learn from. Please check them out!
10) The Minted Blog
Here are my eleven questions for the bloggers that I nominate:
1) Who is one of your favourite bloggers and why?
2) If you could spend eternity in one city, which would you choose/why?
3) What would be your top tip for any potential bloggers?
4) Describe your blog in three words
5) If you could give any advice to your 15year old self, what would it be?
6) You are at a dance party and your favourite track comes on. What is it?
7) Apart from blogging, what do you like to do during the day?
8) Finish the sentence. "I really love that I can......."
9) Where can we find you on a Saturday night?
10) Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
11) Do you enjoy cheese?
Thank-you for taking the time to read the blog and I am looking forward to reading your responses!